Flight of the "Комар" from Almaz RRV

Автор David Lee Rickman, 18.06.2010 07:44:04

« назад - далее »

David Lee Rickman

Respected colleagues!

The I am confused about the flight of the "Комар" Search and Rescue Beacon from the Almaz/TKS RRV. At what point during the landing sequence is the "Комар" launched from the capsule? It has its own parachute, but I can't find information on when it is launched. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David L. Rickman

Theoristos

Переведу (I'll translate this)

ЦитироватьУважаемые коллеги!

Я озадачен вопросом по поводу поисково-спасательного маяка "Комар" с аппарата многоразового использования "Алмаз". В какой момент времени при приземлении "Комар" отделяется от капсулы? У него есть собственный парашют, но я не могу найти информацию по поводу момента отделения.

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьПереведу (I'll translate this)

Thank you, I appreciate the assistance! :D

avmich

Не очень перевод-то :( . Многоразового в ТКС был только ВА. Хотя, безусловно, тот, кто знает о Комаре, вопрос вполне поймёт.

David Lee Rickman

ЦитироватьНе очень перевод-то :( . Многоразового в ТКС был только ВА. Хотя, безусловно, тот, кто знает о Комаре, вопрос вполне поймёт.

Yes, it is the Комар from the Многоразового Возвращаемого Аппарата (МВА) комплекса "Алмаз".

Sven Grahn has an illustration on his site attributed to Khrunichev which shows the landing sequence of the RRV:

The Комар is ejected from the capsule and descending with its' own parachute, as highlighted here:

In Ivan Evteev's "Chelomei Trilogy" there are descriptions of how this happens and why. It is explained that this takes place before landing so that the Search and Rescue Team can get a preliminary fix on the capsules location. The RRV's own antenna's and beacons can not be activated until the capsule lands and the parachutes and soft landing engine assembly have been released from the capsule. Unfortunately there are no details as to when (or at what altitude) this happens.

Best Regards,

David L. Rickman

P.S. This used to be referred to as simply the ВА (VA in english), but in recent publications from NPO Mash it is now being called the МВА (or RRV)