tnt22

Старый

1. Ангара - единственная в мире новая РН которая хуже старой (с) Старый Ламер
2. Назначение Роскосмоса - не летать в космос а выкачивать из бюджета деньги
3. У Маска ракета длиннее и толще чем у Роскосмоса
4. Чем мрачнее реальность тем ярче бред (с) Старый Ламер

tnt22

http://spaceflight101.com/pslv-c41-launches-irnss-1i/
ЦитироватьImpressive PSLV Night Launch Sends Replacement Craft for India's Navigation Constellation to Orbit
 April 11, 2018

Photo: DD News Launch Broadcast
India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle successfully sent the IRNSS-1I navigation satellite into orbit on Wednesday after an impressive nighttime liftoff fr om the country's Satish Dhawan Space Center. Powered aloft by a solid-fueled core stage and six strap-on boosters, PSLV thundered away fr om India's eastern shore to the south-east, en-route to a Subsynchronous Transfer Orbit from where the satellite will climb under its own power to patch a gap left in India's NavIC constellation due to problems with the atomic clocks of the original navigation satellites.

PSLV provided its 1,425-Kilogram payload with a smooth ride and separated the satellite into the intended orbit less than twenty minutes after taking flight, successfully sending a badly needed replacement on its way after the originally intended IRNSS replacement craft was lost in a rare PSLV launch failure seven and a half months ago. Indian officials confirmed the success of Wednesday's launch shortly after the satellite had arrived in orbit and status telemetry confirmed the health of its systems.
Спойлер

Photo: ISRO

Wednesday's night's PSLV launch came right on the heels of the successful March 29 launch of India's Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle, marking the shortest gap between two orbital launches carried out by the Indian Space Research Organization. Although GSLV performed admirably during its 12th launch, communications with the GSAT-6A satellite were unexpectedly lost after if performed the second of three apogee maneuvers and efforts to make contact with the satellite have come up empty-handed up to this point.

ISRO nevertheless decided to press ahead with Wednesday night's mission as the IRNSS satellite placed atop PSLV does not share any power system components with GSAT-6A which may have succumbed to a power-related failure somewh ere aboard the communications craft per initial analysis of the fault signature.

India's NavIC navigation system, formally known as the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), consists of seven satellites operating from Geosynchronous Orbits to provide coverage of the Indian Subcontinent and surrounding areas. The project started out in 2006 and was born out of a desire to establish an independent navigation capability across India for government and civilian use – ending reliance on foreign systems like the American GPS which may be disabled in times of distress.

IRNSS Constellation – Image: ISRO

India opted for a regional solution instead of global systems like those operated by the U.S., Europe, Russia and China.

Seven IRNSS satellites were lifted by PSLV rockets between 2013 and 2016, three reside in Geostationary Orbit above the equator and four are located in two orbital planes in 29-degree Geosynchronous Orbits to create a coverage area spanning the entire Indian territory and around 1,500 Kilometers beyond its borders.

The IRNSS satellites are essentially carbon copies, employing ISRO's I-1K satellite platform and weighing 1,425 Kilograms at liftoff. At the heart of each satellite are three Rubidium Atomic Frequency Standard (RAFS) clocks that deliver the ultra-precise timing needed for the generation of navigation signals which are then transmitted to the ground in the L5 and S-bands and processed by compatible receivers to calculate a user's position via triangulation – requiring a sufficient number of satellites, typically four, to be visible at any given time (three for location, the fourth provides time synchronization).

>> IRNSS Satellite & Constellation Overview

IRNSS-I during Testing – Photo: ISRO

IRNSS was designed with redundancy on the constellation and satellite levels – installing three clocks on each satellite to protect against isolated failures and operating the constellation in a one-redundant configuration (allowing one satellite to fail without affecting the quality/availability of service). As an additional insurance against a system outage, ISRO commissioned two satellites to act as ground spares.

The initial plan was for the two satellites to be kept in storage and launch in case any active satellite encountered problems to ensure the constellation would stay at operational strength throughout its planned ten-year service life.

Problems aboard the first constellation satellite, IRNSS-1A launched in July 2013, began in mid-2016 with the failure of one of its three rubidium clocks. The two remaining clocks followed suit in the second half of that year and left IRNSS-1A without the ability of delivering precise signals, leaving it in a much degraded state not suitable for accurate navigation.

SpectraTime RAFS Clocks – Image: SpectraTime

The plot thickened when the European Galileo constellation also noted an alarming failure rate on its clocks, affecting both types used on the European system – the more accurate Hydrogen Masers and the RAFS Clocks which are considered more robust.

IRNSS, Galileo and China's Beidou-2 navigation systems all use clocks from the same supplier, Swiss company SpectraTime, and analysis of the failures on IRNSS and Galileo showed the exact same mechanism that implicated an inexpensive electronics component causing short circuits within the clocks.

As a result of the inquiry into the clock troubles, existing clocks were removed from the two IRNSS spares and Galileo satellites waiting for launch to undergo repairs before being re-installed on their respective satellites.

To extend the operational lives of the satellites in orbit, ISRO decided to change the procedure of how the three clocks are operated. Initially, two clocks were kept in a powered state with one in primary mode and the other as a hot backup while the third was powered down. As a life extension measure, IRNSS satellites now only have one clock in a powered state, keeping the other powered off to preserve their useful lifetime for when they are needed.

Despite the complete failure of clocks on IRNSS-1A, ISRO initially planned to keep the planned early 2018 in-service date for the NavIC system. To bring the constellation back to a redundant configuration, ISRO readied IRNSS-1H – one of the two ground spares – for liftoff on August 31, 2017. Unfortunately, the satellite fell victim to the first PSLV failure in 37 missions when the rocket's payload fairing failed to separate due to a rubber bellows within the fairing separation system that failed to pressurize properly to push the fairing halves apart.

PSLV successfully returned to flight in January 2018 with a cluster delivery but the grand-rollout of operational IRNSS services remained on hold as the system was not considered fully operational without the seventh satellite – especially since another two Rubidium clocks on the active satellites have encountered failures since trouble arose with IRNSS-1A.

Timelines for IRNSS-1I – the first satellite integrated and tested in part by an industrial consortium – were not changed and its launch remained planned for early 2018.

The PSLV C41 launch campaign began in early February with the stacking of the four-stage rocket atop the First Launch Pad at SDSC. IRNSS-1I was flagged off from the ISRO Satellite Center on March 22nd to begin a final processing flow at the launch site and prepare for a nighttime liftoff.

PSLV enjoyed a smooth 32-hour countdown before coming alive at 22:34 UTC on Wednesday, 4:04 a.m. local time on Thursday.

Shooting skyward, PSLV burned 1,600 Kilograms of propellant per second with its S139 Core Stage and four of its six Solid Rocket Boosters, the other two joining in at the T+25 second mark to increase the vehicle's thrust to 803 metric ton-force.

The 12-meter long ground-lits burned out at T+50 seconds and separated in pairs at T+70 seconds when the rocket was crossing 24 Kilometers in altitude. Separation of the remaining two PSOM-XL boosters occurred 92 seconds into the flight and the core stage burned for another 17 seconds to accelerate the vehicle to a speed of 2.4 Kilometers per second when dropping away from the PS2 at T+1 minute and 49 seconds.

>> PSLV Launch Vehicle Overview

Starting out at an altitude of 55 Kilometers, the PS2 stage fired up its 81,500-Kilogram-force Vikas engine, burning 42 metric tons of self-igniting Nitrogen Tetroxide and UH25 Hydrazine. PSLV entered closed loop steering during the second stage burn to dynamically adjust its flight profile based on measured navigation data to ensure it steered toward its precise cutoff target in space.

The two fairing halves dropped away three minutes and 22 seconds into the mission when PSLV had passed 113 Kilometers in altitude and the hypergolic-fueled second stage handed off to PS3 at T+262.2 seconds with the third stage lighting up its solid rocket motor moments later to generate 25 metric tons of thrust for a 113-second burn.

>> Flight Profile

PSLV C41 Ground Track – Image: ISRO

Expending 7,600kg of composite fuel, PS3 boosted the vehicle onto a sub-orbital trajectory and remained attached to the stack until T+9 minutes and 58 seconds when it separated en-route toward re-entry over the Pacific Ocean while the PS4 stage readied for ignition to lift the stack into orbit. Firing up its twin L-2-5 engines, the fourth stage was set for a lengthy burn of eight minutes and 34 seconds aiming for an injection orbit of 284 by 20,650 Kilometers, inclined 19.2 degrees – a typical sub-GTO delivery arising from the limited performance of the PSLV rocket that normally handles Low Earth Orbit missions.

Separation of IRNSS-1I was confirmed 19 minutes and 20 seconds after launch into its desired transfer orbit from wh ere the spacecraft will maneuver up to its operational slot within the IRNSS constellation. Replacing the 1A satellite, the craft will enter the western GSO plane of the constellation, aiming for an orbital inclination of 29 degrees and an equator-crossing at a longitude of 55 degrees East.

Checking off its third successful launch of 2018, ISRO is currently looking at late May for its next space launch, involving a PSLV rocket lifting a not-yet-announced primary payload into Sun Synchronous Orbit. For the IRNSS navigation system, the future will hold an expansion from seven to eleven constellation craft to extend its coverage area.
[свернуть]

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/12-apr-2018/pslv-c41-successfully-launches-irnss-1i-navigation-satellite
ЦитироватьApr 12, 2018

PSLV-C41 Successfully Launches IRNSS-1I Navigation Satellite
In its forty third flight, ISRO's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C41 successfully launched the 1425 kg IRNSS-1I Navigation Satellite today (April 12, 2018 ) from Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota.

PSLV-C41 lifted off at 0404 hrs (4:04 am) IST, as planned, from the First Launch Pad.  After a flight lasting about 19 minutes, the vehicle achieved a Sub Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit with a perigee (nearest point to earth) of 281.5 km and an apogee (farthest point to earth) of 20,730 km inclined at an angle of 19.2 degree to the equator following which IRNSS-1I separated from PSLV.

After separation, the solar panels of IRNSS-1I were deployed automatically. ISRO's Master Control Facility (MCF) at Hassan, Karnataka took over the control of the satellite. In the coming days, orbit manoeuvres will be performed from MCF to position the satellite at 55 deg East longitude in the planned Geosynchronous Orbit with an inclination of 29 deg to the equator.

IRNSS-1I is the latest member of the 'Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC)' system.  NavIC, also known as Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), is an independent regional navigation satellite system designed to provide position information in the Indian region and 1500 km around the Indian mainland.

A number of ground facilities responsible for IRNSS satellite ranging  and monitoring, generation and transmission of navigation parameters, satellite control, network timing, etc., have been established in many locations across the country as part of NavIC.

Till now, PSLV has successfully launched 52 Indian satellites and 237 customer satellites from abroad.

tnt22

Обновлена фотогалерея (добавлены фотографии пуска)

https://www.isro.gov.in/irnss-programme/pslv-c41-irnss-1i-gallery
PSLV-C41/IRNSS-1I Gallery

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/irnss-programme/pslv-c41-liftoff-and-onboard-camera-view
PSLV-C41 Liftoff and Onboard Camera View
https://www.isro.gov.in/sites/default/files/videos/pslv_c_41_for_hq.mp4.mp4
(video)

Description: PSLV-C41 Liftoff and Onboard Camera Video
Format : MP4
File Size : 11 MB
Duration : 00:01:42

tnt22

НОРАД зарегистрировал 2 объекта запуска
0 TBA - TO BE ASSIGNED
1 43286U 18035A   18101.82893275  .00000056  00000-0  00000+0 0  9995
2 43286  19.2114 124.0769 6051406 178.0588 186.3872  3.97366428    04

0 TBA - TO BE ASSIGNED
1 43287U 18035B   18101.82651481  .00000057  00000-0  00000+0 0  9998
2 43287  19.1234 123.7356 6085240 178.5103 185.1218  3.92358656    17
43286 / 2018-035A: 270 x 20648 km x 19.211°
43287 / 2018-035B: 269 x 20935 km x 19.123°

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/12-apr-2018/first-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-planned-to-be-carried-out-415-hr-ist
ЦитироватьApr 12, 2018

The first orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at 4:15 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 322 km and apogee height is 35887 km

tnt22

https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/04/11/isro-launches-for-second-time-in-two-weeks/
ЦитироватьISRO launches for second time in two weeks
April 11, 2018Stephen Clark

India's Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle lifted off at 2234 GMT (6:34 p.m. EDT; 4:04 a.m. local time) from Sriharikota Island on India's east coast. This image shows insulation panels falling away from the rocket at liftoff, as planned. Credit: ISRO

Riding a column of red-hot rocket exhaust, an Indian Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle fired into orbit Wednesday with a replacement satellite for the country's home-grown navigation network.

The PSLV took off at 2234 GMT (6:34 p.m. EDT) with a rush of flame from a solid-fueled core motor and four strap-on solid rocket boosters. Two more augmentation rockets ignited around 25 seconds after liftoff to give the 145-foot-tall (44-meter) launcher another boost into a predawn sky over India's spaceport on Sriharikota Island, a piece of land on the country's eastern coastline.

A liquid-fueled second stage Vikas engine, a third stage solid rocket motor and a twin-engine fourth stage fired in succession as the PSLV shed spent rocket components over the Bay of Bengal heading to the east-southeast from Sriharikota.

The mission director stationed at the spaceport's launch control center announced the successful separation of India's ninth navigation satellite — IRNSS 1I — approximately 19 minutes after liftoff. A live video feed from the PSLV's fourth stage showed the 3,141-pound (1,425-kilogram) spacecraft flying away from the rocket.

Indian Space Research Organization officials quickly declared success on the mission, which launched at 4:04 a.m. Indian Standard Time on Thursday.
Спойлер
The IRNSS 1I satellite joins seven other satellites in the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System, also known as NavIC, which stands for Navigation with Indian Constellation. The other IRNSS payload built and launched by India failed to enter the navigation network when it was stranded on its rocket during a PSLV flight in August.

On that mission, the PSLV's payload fairing failed to jettison from the rocket as programmed. The satellite remained inside the nose shroud after the rocket reached a lower-than-planned orbit.

India has conducted three space launches since the mishap last year, including two PSLV missions, all successfully. Wednesday's flight was the second launch by ISRO in less than two weeks, after the March 29 liftoff of a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mk.2, a more powerful rocket than the PSLV.

The IRNSS 1I satellite mounted on top of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle. Credit: ISRO

The March 29 mission lofted India's GSAT 6A communications satellite designed to provide mobile video and data services across the Indian subcontinent. But ground controllers lost contact with GSAT 6A two days after launch, soon after the satellite's on-board engine completed the second of three planned maneuvers to maneuver into its planned perch in geostationary orbit more than 22,000 miles (nearly 36,000 kilometers) over the equator.

Indian engineers have been unable to restore communications with GSAT 6A. The Times of India reported Tuesday that ISRO continues to track the satellite in orbit, suggesting GSAT 6A remains intact.

ISRO officials did not mention GSAT 6A in their remarks after Wednesday's flight, codenamed PSLV-C41, which placed the IRNSS 1I navigation satellite into an on-target orbit ranging between 174 miles (281 kilometers) and 12,881 miles (20,730 kilometers) above Earth, according to R. Hutton, the mission director.

"As of now, the (IRNSS 1I) satellite is doing well," said M. Annadurai, director of the ISRO Satellite Center. "The baby has been delivered, and it's unfolded its solar arrays."

IRNSS 1I is scheduled to enter service in May, after four orbit-raising burns with the satellite's main engine to climb into a circular geosynchronous-type orbit at an altitude of more than 22,000 miles. The craft's operating orbit will be tilted at an angle of 29 degrees to the equator and centered at 55 degrees east longitude, requiring a plane change from the 19.2-degree inclination targeted on Wednesday's launch.

Developed to replace the IRNSS 1A satellite, which launched in 2013 with faulty atomic clocks, the new satellite will begin a 10-year mission beaming time-stamped navigation signals across India and neighboring countries. IRNSS 1I is also heading to the same slot in the Indian navigation constellation that was intended for the spacecraft lost on the failed launch in August.

The NavIC constellation has three satellites in circular geostationary orbits over the equator, and four craft in inclined orbits — like IRNSS 1I — that oscillate north and south of the equator, ensuring multiple satellites are always high in the sky over the Indian subcontinent.

Artist's illustration of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System. Credit: ISRO

The Indian navigation network provides position estimates with a precision of about 66 feet, or 20 meters, to users in India and across a region extending up to 900 miles (1,500 kilometers) from its borders, according to ISRO. The program provides enhanced navigation coverage when combined with signals from GPS satellites, and independent positioning data in case foreign navigation signals are cut off.

K. Sivan, ISRO's chairman, said the launch of the IRNSS 1I satellite completes the first phase of the Indian navigation system. The Indian government will now focus on completing development of user applications, ground terminals and other technology to allow Indian citizens, the Indian military, airliners and ships to relay on data from IRNSS satellites.

"Very soon, we are going to come to the community — to the people — to deliver this product, and this is going to continue forever," Sivan said. "For this purpose, the support of different institutions, as well as industry, is required for producing more and more navigation-based services for the country. I'm sure all of us will make use of this constellation to ensure that the underprivileged, underserved and unreached people also get wonderful applications from position-based services."

The launch Wednesday marked the shortest time between rocket flights from the Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota. It was the 43rd flight of a Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle, 41 of which have been successful, and the 20th mission to fly in the PSLV XL configuration with bigger solid rocket boosters.

"PSLV is once again on a successful stride," said P. Kunhikrishnan, director of the spaceport at Sriharikota. "One speciality of this mission is it was within two weeks (of the last launch), the shortest time span we had two missions from the spaceport. That very clearly proves the professionalism in the launch campaign."

The GSLV flight March 29 used a different launch pad at Sriharikota, has two launch facilities for parallel campaigns.

ISRO officials said the rocket launched Wednesday was also the first to fly with propellant tanks constructed using a technique called friction stir welding, a more efficient manufacturing method used on SpaceX's Falcon rocket family and NASA's Space Launch System.

The introduction of friction stir welding is "going to improve the productivity and also enhance the payload capability of the vehicle," Sivan said.

Sivan said ISRO has nine more missions planned in the next eight months, including the third test flight of India's GSLV Mk.3 rocket — the country's biggest launcher — and the deployment of a high-power broadband communications satellite in late May aboard a European Ariane 5 rocket.

In October or November, India plans to launch the Chandrayaan 2 mission, a combined lunar orbiter, lander and rover, on a GSLV Mk.2.
[свернуть]

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/13-apr-2018/first-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-successfully-carried-out-419-hr-ist
ЦитироватьApr 13, 2018

The first orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 4:19 hr IST on April 13, 2018
The achieved perigee height is 315 km and apogee height is 35809 km.

The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out around 20:00 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 8536 km and apogee height is 35793 km.

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/13-apr-2018/second-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-successfully-carried-out-2004-hr-ist
ЦитироватьApr 13, 2018

The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 20:04 hr IST on April 13, 2018

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/14-apr-2018/second-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-satellite-has-been-successfully
ЦитироватьApr 14, 2018

The second orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I Satellite has been successfully carried out at 20:04 hr IST on April 13, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 8683 km and apogee height is 35733 km.
The third orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at around 22:45 hr IST on April 14, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 31,540 km and apogee height is 35,797 km.

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/14-apr-2018/third-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-successfully-carried-out-2250-hr-ist
ЦитироватьApr 14, 2018

The third orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 22:50 hr IST on April 14, 2018

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/15-apr-2018/third-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-successfully-carried-out-2250-hr-ist
ЦитироватьApr 15, 2018

The third orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 22:50 hr IST on April 14, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 31,426 km and apogee height is 35,739 km
The fourth and the final orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is planned to be carried out at around 21:20 hr IST on April 15, 2018. The targeted perigee height is 35,381 km and apogee height is 35,793 km.

tnt22

https://www.isro.gov.in/update/15-apr-2018/fourth-and-final-orbit-raising-operation-of-irnss-1i-successfully-carried-out
ЦитироватьApr 15, 2018

The fourth and the final orbit raising operation of IRNSS-1I is successfully carried out at 21:05 hr IST on April 15, 2018. The achieved perigee height is 35,462.9 km and apogee height is 35,737.8 km

tnt22