OSIRIS-Rex – Atlas V 411 (AV-067) – Canaveral SLC-41 – 08.09.2016 23:05 UTC

Автор Anatoly Zak, 26.05.2011 08:53:55

« назад - далее »

tnt22

ЦитироватьNASA's OSIRIS-REx‏Подлинная учетная запись @OSIRISREx 15 ч. назад

Good news! Yesterday, I successfully ejected the flight cover on my TAGSAM sampling arm. I also performed two spins -- called Sample Mass Measurements -- before and after to confirm that my mass changed about 2.5 lbs (approximately the weight of the cover).

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1052996961287122944/pu/vid/1280x720/vofm1mCkKh1cll3i.mp4?tag=5
(video 0:03)

14 ч. назад

Since there is no way to directly watch the cover eject, the mission team used several different methods to confirm that my TAGSAM cover deployed successfully.
#ExplainHowYouGotHere
ЦитироватьDante Lauretta‏ @DSLauretta 15 ч. назад

We have confirmed successful deployment of the @OSIRISREx TAGSAM sampling device's launch cover. We detected cover ejection by successful commands, thermal signatures, forces on the spacecraft, and a test run of our Sample Mass Measurement technique!

tnt22

ЦитироватьJonathan McDowell‏Подлинная учетная запись @planet4589 12 ч. назад

Ah OK, so that's a little more detail. 1 kg and ejection was at some point during Oct 17 within timezone ambiguities

12 ч. назад

Current orbit of O-REX and of TAGSAM Cover is 0.896 x 1.355 AU x 6.0 deg (heliocentric ecliptic)

Dante Lauretta‏ @DSLauretta 10 ч. назад

.@planet4589. The TAGSAM launch cover measures 40x40cm and has a mass of 1.1 kg. The cover was ejected roughly 90 degrees from the spacecraft velocity vector. Predicted deployment velocity was between 1.0 and 2.5 m/s. We saw a 1mm/s velocity change in the spacecraft as a result

tnt22

ЦитироватьNASA's OSIRIS-REx‏Подлинная учетная запись @OSIRISREx 44 мин. назад

Today, I start using my cameras to search the area around Bennu for natural satellites (aka small moons). If we find evidence of a moon, I'll slow down so the team can study the object, understand its orbit, and plan the rest of my safe approach to Bennu: http://bit.ly/2ynCsxb 

Pirat5

NASA's OSIRIS-REx Executes Third Asteroid Approach Maneuver
October 29, 2018

NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft executed its third Asteroid Approach Maneuver (AAM-3) today. The trajectory correction maneuver (TCM) thrusters fired in a series of two braking maneuvers designed to slow the spacecraft's speed relative to Bennu from approximately 11.7 mph (5.2 m/sec) to .24 mph (.11 m/sec). Due to constraints that science instruments not be pointed too closely to the Sun, this maneuver was designed as two separate burns of approximately 5.8 mph (2.6 m/sec) each, to accomplish a net change in velocity of around 11.5 mph (5.13 m/sec). The mission team will continue to examine telemetry and tracking data over the next week to verify the new trajectory. The maneuver targeted the spacecraft to fly through a corridor designed for the collection of high-resolution images that will be used to build a shape model of Bennu.
The OSIRIS-REx spacecraft is in the midst of a six-week series of final approach maneuvers. AAM-1 and AAM-2, which executed on Oct. 1 and Oct. 15 respectively, slowed the spacecraft by a total of approximately 1,088 mph (486 m/sec). The last of the burns, AAM-4, is scheduled for Nov. 12 and will adjust the spacecraft's trajectory to arrive at a position 12 miles (20 km) from Bennu on Dec. 3.
https://www.asteroidmission.org/?latest-news=nasas-osiris-rex-executes-third-asteroid-approach-maneuver

Pirat5

Bennu at 13 Pixels

Oct. 23, 2018 Bennu was about 1,800 miles (3,000 km) 

Bennu at 100 Pixels

Oct. 29, 2018 from a distance of about 205 miles (330 km).

Jupiter

Feb. 12, 2017 Jupiter was about 418 million miles (673 million km) from the spacecraft >Jupiter

https://www.asteroidmission.org/galleries/spacecraft-imagery/

sol

ЦитироватьPirat5 пишет:
Bennu at 13 Pixels

Oct. 23, 2018 Bennu was about 1,800 miles (3,000 km)

Bennu at 100 Pixels

Oct. 29, 2018 from a distance of about 205 miles (330 km).

Jupiter

Feb. 12, 2017 Jupiter was about 418 million miles (673 million km) from the spacecraft >Jupiter

https://www.asteroidmission.org/galleries/spacecraft-imagery/
А это Бену? Может, Осирис не туда прилетел? Картина астероида что-то смутно напоминает. :)
  Не налетел бы там на Сокола...
Массаракш!

Жизнь - это падение в пропасть неизвестной глубины и заполненную туманом.

Pirat5

....а всё началось со встречи астероида Штейн !

Там на ГИФке 13пикселей заметны неравномерности освещения. Вдруг да большой кратер?

Сеян

Цитироватьsol пишет:
А это Бену? Может, Осирис не туда прилетел? Картина астероида что-то смутно напоминает.  :)
Не налетел бы там на Сокола...
И, что тоже нет пыли? )

tnt22

https://twitter.com/VinnyChirayil/status/1058549562397274113
ЦитироватьВ ответ @planet4589

The left pic shows an earlier tweet by OSIRIS-REx and the right shows my updated version of it. Radar estimate was super accurate, unlike lightcurve based estimate of Ryugu. 3 cheers to the Bennu team !

#Bennu #OSIRISREx #asteroids

tnt22

ЦитироватьJonathan McDowell‏Подлинная учетная запись @planet4589 5 нояб.

The @OSIRISREx space probe is now only 178 km from asteroid (101955) Bennu. Bennu's gravitational (Hill) sphere currently has a radius of about 35 km - a distance Osiris-REX will reach on Nov 30

tnt22

ЦитироватьDante Lauretta‏ @DSLauretta 9 ч. назад

Now with full coverage - here is a complete rotation of Bennu with the colors stretched to accentuate the reflectance variations.

(Video 0:06)

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

tnt22

ЦитироватьNASA Hosts Science Chat on Two Upcoming Out of this World Encounters

NASA Video

Опубликовано: 7 нояб. 2018 г.

NASA hosted a live Science Chat to discuss upcoming encounters of two of the agency's planetary missions - the arrival of the Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security-Regolith Explorer (OSIRIS-REx) at the asteroid Bennu, on Dec. 3, and New Horizons' historic flyby of Kuiper Belt object 2014 MU69, on Jan. 1, 2019. Participants included: Hal Weaver, New Horizons Project Scientist, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory and Melissa Morris, OSIRIS-REx Deputy Program Scientist, NASA Headquarters.
(30:13)